Saturday, March 10, 2012

Computer games to ALL be given the same ratings as films would get?

I thought this was already the case?

Was I wrong, have they not been censoring (by age to purchase) the computer games people buy or have they just cracked down harder?



I don't buy computer games so I wouldn't know but can anyone tell me what has been the case and what the changes would be?



ThanksComputer games to ALL be given the same ratings as films would get?
It doesn't seem to make much difference anyway. Films are rated but it still comes down to responsible parenting. The number of children who tell me they have watched 18 films at home and at friends houses is absolutely unbelievable. Some of the things they watch I would never dream of watching. They watch them and most of their parents know they do. Perhaps it is time to stop young children having TV's and PC in their rooms. At least then responsible parents can monitor what their children are doing.
leave things the way they are.Computer games to ALL be given the same ratings as films would get?
Age rating will stop children buying the games from the shops



but they will still swap games amoung themselves and get to play the violent ones.
I was under the impression they were already given a rating



At least I thought they were after I was asked for ID at the age of 20 when buying one of the Grand Theft Auto'sComputer games to ALL be given the same ratings as films would get?
I was wondering about this too, surely most video games are so expensive that most kids can't afford them, so it doesn't matter what rating they get as the parents will buy them anyway.

Personally I think there should be some sort of check on what content is allowed in these games, some of them just seem so violent, they can't be good for kids.
Great it's about time i was censored!....
The maturity level is known by the sales people that sell the games... Children need parents with them in order to buy certain games...
Games are given different ratings from movies. I suppose this means there's going to be some sort of consistency for classification between the different formats.
Extremely violent or horror games are already given ratings. I presume that they are on about reviewing the guidelines and introducing more categories for the different levels of violence. I don't really think that doing this will change anything though seeing as stopping the kids from playing the games will just give them more time to spend drinking on the streets. What self respecting 15 year old will lower themselves to playing Mario in the evening?
i doubt it will make any difference some dunderhead parents will still be buying inappropriate games for their little kiddies just to keep em quiet ! x
Games are given ratings like "E" for Everyone, "E 10+" Everyone 10 or older, "T" Teen, "M" Mature, etc.



The MPAA gives the G, PG, PG 13, R, NC 17.



I think if the MPAA ratings were applied to the video games, it would be a lot easier for the parents, because they are more familiar with the movie's ratings.
  • harry potter games online
  • envy 14
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment