Saturday, March 10, 2012

Would you be willing to install SecuROM to play computer games?

I want to get into some of the new computer games with my brand new super pc, but I found out to play some of the newest games particularly from EA, you have to install SecuROM as well. I really don't want to do it.



What do you think?Would you be willing to install SecuROM to play computer games?
When I purchased my computer (about 2 and1/2 weeks ago), I was determined to keep SecuROM of it... Then I found a game that was awesome and a great deal too (the Oblivion/Bioshock combo) and did not realize that it installed SecuROM. I would say go ahead with SecuROM because it is on a majority of games now-a-days and the games are definitely worth it. Besides... SecuROM GUARANTEES on their site that it will not harm your computer in anyway... so if it does (and you can prove it) then you can sue them for at the very least false advertising and get enough for a new (possibly better) computer and then since you have already purchased the games,you can download SecuROM cleaned versions (unless it is against the games EULA to make backup copies... but that is hardly ever the case). My computer is still working great and the games are still amazing, though, so I'd say SecuROM is definitely worth the possible (but GUARANTEED none) risk.Would you be willing to install SecuROM to play computer games?
SecuROM comes with the game so its not hard to install, when i got FarCry2 i didnt even realised it had been installed. All it is, is piracy protection, i have had some problems on my laptop with it becasue i have some specific programs installed that secuROM recognizes as piracy software, but apart from that, if you buy the game then just install it, there isnt another way around it anyway.
  • home bars
  • unique baby girl names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment