Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do you believe video/computer games are big factor in the uprising of childhood obesity rates?

I'm just curious what you think on this question.

In my personal opinion, yes, I believe that video/computer games play a very important role in childhood obesity. Children no longer go outside and play, but sit in the house and play video games all day. These games are extremely addictive and they are responsible for an increased sedentary lifestyle among children.

Thoughts and opinions?Do you believe video/computer games are big factor in the uprising of childhood obesity rates?
video games are not responsible, kids choose to do this. i remember all i did was go outside and play when i was little. but as soon as i had that ps1 in my room, i stopped. its all about choice. i don't think video games should be blamed. you also have to think about all the fast food restaurants that are on every block of america- its crazy. we're just moving a different cultrue i guess
I would actually blame the KID! I remember when I was 12 I was obese as well. I would feel the pain everyday but know that it was MY fault that I couldn't turn my life around. When it finally reached bursting point I got motivated and lost 30 pounds! And voila! A healthy adult.

Report Abuse

Do you believe video/computer games are big factor in the uprising of childhood obesity rates?
In my opinion i think yes they are a major contributory factor in childhood obesity...along with lazy parents who cant be bothered to get their kids off the games and into the local park for a game of footie or a bike ride.

Whats really sad is on christmas day you use to see loads of kids on bran new bikes, skates, scooters etc. The last couple (if not more) christmas days have been so quite because kids have been bought now games for their x box, ps or nintendo!

While we are on the subject i also think these violent games have a lot to answer for when it comes to the way our kids behave, for example these games make it look cool to be violent and to kill and i really believe these games have a bigger influence over the way our kids act when out with friends, gangs etc.
i've been playing video games as long as i can remember and i am a little twig lol,i think it has a lot to do with the childs upbringing. when i was growing up my parents would get me to play outside a lot as well as play games. if you just let your kids do nothing BUT play video games, then it probably will affect their weight (not to mention their eyes to) but if you raise them to do more then that i think they should be fine =). Do you believe video/computer games are big factor in the uprising of childhood obesity rates?
Yes, video games are huge factor in obesity in childhood.

I mean, kids these days are born into internet and games all around them.
it depends on the person whos playing them, i sit playing on video games all day im not fat infact im under weight, its what they eat what matters but not doing exersize is a factor
i love this game called the sims 2 and it is very additcting so

yeah but i dont find it a big deal
Yes, with some exceptions i.e. Wii Fit

No comments:

Post a Comment