Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is your opinion/thoughts on Violent Computer Games ?

Do you think Computer Games are becoming more Violent these days? What is your opinion/thoughts on Violent Computer Games ?What is your opinion/thoughts on Violent Computer Games ?
I love video games and I am a huge gamer. One of the types of games that I enjoy and play a lot of are violent video games. I don't have any problem with violent video games because these are just pixelated, animated 3D characters that are being violent, it's not like these characters are real life humans getting hurt. Some people argue that violent video games cause kids to be violent in real life and I completely disagree. Since I was little, I played children's games, but I also played violent games like Robocop versus Terminator and Mortal Kombat (one of the best, bloodiest fighting games ever), but even as a child, I knew that those violent images were NOT REAL. I also thank God that I came from a good Christian home and I was raised in the way of God. So even though I played video games like that, I was not going to kill anybody in real life because that did not cross my mind as a child, (to me I was just having fun playing videogames) and killing is wrong and a sin.



As far as if videogames are more violent these days...honestly, I don't think so. I think that videogames then and now had the same amount of violence, it's just that now the graphics of videogames are so much better than back then so that's why it might look more violent. Back in the day, there were so many violent video games like the Mortal Kombat series which even nowadays when I play old Mortal Kombat games I still find the violence to be brutal and gruesome. Games like Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica, legacy of cain, silent hill, those are also old school games that are extremely violent.



I would say that games are more offensive. What I mean is that, to me, video games are still as violent as back in the day but now they are not only violent but offensive in the sense that they include sexual themes and say degrading, offensive words. Like games like Saints Row and Saints Row 2, Grand Theft Auto are really violent games but they are offensive because the characters swear a lot, women in these games are degraded, there is nudity and sex so that's what I mean. But I do love Saints Row 2 because it is so much fun despite the offensiveness.



Violent video games do not bother me at all. Like I said, the characters are not real and I find them fun. Games like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Ninja Gaiden, Dead Rising, Call of Duty series and so on are violent but they are so much fun.
The ESRB rating system is there for a reason, follow it and this wouldn't even be a relevant topic. Also, no they are not becoming more violent, their just getting close to emulating things that happen in real life, maybe its not games that are getting more violent, its us, ever thought of that?What is your opinion/thoughts on Violent Computer Games ?
Well, they are bound to be. Everytime I look there is either a new WW2 shooter or some tactical shooter huha out there so obviously we get an increase in violence, if only by sheer mass.



Now as a singular unit... Not so much. I think violence more or less peaked with Mortal Kombat's finishing moves. True you got excessive dismemberment (Soldier of Fortune anyone?) but now it is mostly more 'real' hitzones (nut shots), better physics (oh look I shot him on the stairs and he rolled down) and of course better graphics.



My thoughts? They are fine and it is better when someone has an outlet for his rage and anger other than going out on the street and setting bums on fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9e_w_CYr鈥?/a>



there is violence in real life



i wouldn't let little kids play with this game, but as an adult?....this game can be a little funWhat is your opinion/thoughts on Violent Computer Games ?
It depends. Some may think that it may be a violent game, some may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment