Saturday, March 10, 2012

How can you get off of an addiction to computer games?

I am slightly addicted to computer games. I'm about to go to a very challenging High School and I don't want to have a computer addiction which will get in the way of homework, sports, friends, and everything else! Help!How can you get off of an addiction to computer games?
First things first... get rid of your games... I know this sounds tragic and you're probably thinking "what? This guy has no idea how much these games mean to me" and my answer is YES I DO, my roommate in college is the same way - hrs upon hrs of games, nothing else.



I would first get rid of them so that you can't even physically play them. Maybe keep one ore two for times when you have no other obligations.



2nd, start working out and doing lots of exercise... this will automatically make u feel less interested in sitting around playing games.



Hang out with people that are active outside the house, people who like to go out and do stuff...etc



Also, you can make a reward system for yourself. Make sure you get a certain amount of productive stuff done before you play a game. Maybe on one night you don't play at all. On the next night you can play one round or one game after you finish your homework. Start small and work your way up to never playing them anymore...



I'm telling you though, you are smart for wanting to get out of the game scene... I am a first year college student and my friends who play video games constantly underperform significantly. As a matter of fact, my best friend in high school was a game addict and he didn't end up getting into any of the colleges he applied to...



you're already making some good decisions.
You obviously enjoy playing computer games, so what you should do is get yourself a planner and allocate a certain amount of time each day to play computer games. Make sure its a reasonable amount and make your schoolwork a priority when it comes to planning. Just make sure you stick to your schedule and you will do fine.



Time management is a necessity for busy people.How can you get off of an addiction to computer games?
Tell your parents about it. Have them limit your game time, and keep the computer off as opposed to in standby. Have a set time for doing homework - i.e., you start at 4:00 and go until you've finished, or whatever. Put extracurriculars %26amp; homework before gaming. If possible, don't play games at all during the week.



Start playing less and less. Rig up an egg timer or set the oven timer and stop when it goes off, etc.
I can understand how you feel. I play World of Warcraft off and on, and when I get to the point where I am just playing entirely too much I just cancel my subscription. After a couple days I don't even think about it anymore. So my advice to you is, rip it off like a band-aid! You can always start playing again when you have time :)How can you get off of an addiction to computer games?
Delete all your games from your PC, sell the discs.



Delete your MMO characters, close the accounts, throw away the discs.



Sell your consoles and discs.



Addiction solved.



(I quit videogames this way and ended up with a TV addiction lol...to be fair though, Entourage is awesome.)
try managing your computer time. i play to much too! heres some tips:



put a firewall or a proxy on all those websites



for each time you go to that website, put a tally mark. at the end of the day, say you have 3 tally marks. spend 30 more minutes on your homework!



maybe move the computer.....



tell your parents!



hope i helped,

Beatrice
http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.鈥?/a>



This site has stories / mini blogs of people that are addicted to gaming and how they managed to kick the habit.

Might help find your own answer.
get rid of ur computer if it starts effecting u and ur grades

when you don't feel the need to play games anymore u could try bringing the computer back
become overly addicted to pr0n. problem solved.
Constant masturbation will take your mind off it.
Put a sledge hammer through the computer.
turn the computer time and date backwards
blow up your computer
Go to Doctor Phil website. He just did a show on this today.
Self control. Spend all of your time on homework, that's all there is to it.
try drugs..
QUICK!! TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER WHEN I TYPE 'GO'. READY...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment